Attitude regarding gender biasness among primigravida women attending antenatal opd’s

  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 906.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_argument::init() should be compatible with views_handler::init(&$view, $options) in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_argument.inc on line 744.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 159.
  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 906.
  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home4/vibu/public_html/journalijdr.com/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 906.
Author: 
Amanpreet Kaur, Neha Singla, Nidhi Sagar and Jasbir Kaur
Abstract: 

The study was carried out to assess the attitude regarding “gender biasness among primigravida women” attending antenatal OPD‟s at selected hospitals”. Despite of gender equality all over the world, still there is positive attitude towards gender biasness among primigravida women. In India, thousands of studies have been done on son preference and female foeticide but findings regarding gender biasness are very scarce. So, the present study was conducted to assess the attitude regarding gender biasness among primigravida women with an objective to assess the attitude regarding gender biasness and to ascertain the association of attitude regarding gender biasness with selected socio demographic variables. A descriptive research design was used with convenience sampling technique consisted of 100 primigravida women and the data was collected by using self report method to assess the socio-demographic data and attitude towards gender biasness among primigravida women. Analysis was done using both descriptive and inferential statistics. The findings revealed that 95% of primigravida women had negative attitude towards gender biasness while remaining 5% women had positive attitude towards gender biasness. The mean age of subjects was found to be 25. Thus the study concluded that attitude towards gender biasness among primigravida women is negative. The study findings revealed that there is significant effect of education and family income per month on the attitude of primigravida women regarding gender biasness.

Download PDF: 

CHIEF EDITOR

  

           Prof. Dr. Bilal BİLGİN

Call for Papers - 2017

    submit your paper now

   Vol. 07, Issue 03, March 2017

CURRENT ISSUE

 

Article Tracking

IMPACT FACTOR 2016

          4.753

Get your Certificate

Copyright © 2016 International Journal Development Research. All Rights Reserved.